1. The word of YHWH came
to me saying, "Son of man, say to his people, 'why do you add sin to your
sins and anger the Lord God who created you ?' "
2. Don't love the world
or the things which are in the world, for the boasting of the world and its
destruction belong to the devil.
3. Remember that the Lord of glory, Who created everything, had mercy upon you so that
He might save us from the captivity of this age.
4. For many times the devil desired not to let the sun rise above the earth and not to let the earth yield fruit, since
he desires to consume men like a fire which rages in stubble, and he desires
to swallow them like water.
on account of this, the God of glory had mercy upon us, and He sent His Son
to the world so that He might save us from the captivity.
6. He did not inform an angel or an
archangel or any principality when He was about to come to us, but ?He changed
Himself to be like a man when He was about to come to us so that He might
save use [from flesh].
7.Therefore become sons to Him since He is a father to you.
8. Remember that He has prepared thrones and
crowns for you in heaven, saying, "Everyone who will obey Me will receive
thrones and crowns among those who are Mine."
9. The Lord said, "I will write My name upon
their forehead and I will seal their right hand, and they will not hunger or
10. Neither will the son of
lawlessness prevail over them, nor will the thrones hinder them, but they
will walk with the angels up to My city."
11. Now as for the sinners, they will be shamed and they will not pass
by the thrones, but the thrones of death will seize them and rule over them
because the angels will not agree with them.
12. They have alienated themselves from His dwellings.
13. Hear, O wise men of the land, concerning
the deceivers who will multiply in the last times so that they will set down
for themselves doctrines which do not belong to God, setting aside the Law
of God, those who have made their belly their God, saying, "The fast does
not exist, nor did God create it," making themselves strangers to the
covenant of God and robbing themselves of the glorious promises.
14. Now these are not ever correctly
established in the firm faith. Therefore don't let those people lead you
15. Remember that from the time when He created the heavens, the Lord created
the fast for a benefit to men on
account of the passions and desires which fight against you so that the evil
will not inflame you.
16. "But it is a
pure fast which I have created," said the Lord.
17. The one who fasts continually will not
sin although jealousy and strife are within him.
18. Let the pure one fast, but whenever the
one who fasts is not pure he has angered the Lord and also the angels.
19. And he has grieved his soul, gathering
up wrath for himself for the day of wrath.
20. But a pure fast is what I
created, with a pure heart and pure hands.
21. It releases sin. It heals diseases. It casts out demons.
22. It is effective up to the throne of God for an ointment and
for a release from sin by means of a pure prayer.
23. Who among you, if he is honored in his craft, will go forth to the field
without a tool in his hand? Or who will go forth to the battle to fight
without a breastplate on?
24. If he is found,
will he not be killed because he despised the service of the king?
25. Likewise no one is able to enter the
holy place if he is double minded.
26. The one who is double minded in his prayer is darkness to himself. And
even the angels do not trust him.
27. Therefore be single-minded in the Lord at all times so that you might know every
1. Furthermore, concerning the kings of Assyria and the
dissolution of the heaven and the earth and the things beneath the earth.
2. "now therefore <those who are
Mine> will not be overcome" says
the Lord, "nor will they fear in the battle."
3. When they see [a king]
who rises in the north, [who will be called] "the king of [Assyria" and]
"the king of injustice," [he will increase] his battles and his disturbances
4. The land will groan together because your children
will be seized.
5. Many will desire death in those days, but death will
flee from them.
6. And a king who will be called "the king of peace" will rise up in the west.
7. He will run upon the sea like a roaring lion.
8. He will kill the king of injustice, and he will take vengeance on Egypt
with battles and much bloodshed.
9. It will come to pass in those days that he will command a p[eace]
and a [vain] gift in Egypt.
10. [He will give] peace to these who are
holy, [saying], "The name of [God] is one."
11. [He will] give honors
to the s[aints and] an exalting to the places of the saints.
12. He will give vain gifts to the house of God.
13. He will wander around in
the cities of Egypt with guile, without their knowing.
14. He will take
count of the holy places. He will weigh the idols of the heathen.
He will take count of their wealth. He will establish priests for
15. He will command that the wise men and the great ones of the
people be seized, and they will be brought to the metropolis which is by the
sea, saying, "There is but one language."
16. But when you hear, "Peace
and joy exist," I will...
17. Now I will tell you his signs so that you might know him.
18. For he has two sons: one on his right and one on his left.
19. The one on his right will receive a demonic face, (and) he will fight
against the name of God.
20. Now four kings will descend from that
21. In his thirtieth year he will come up to Memphis, (and) he
will build a temple in Memphis.
22. On that day his own son will rise
up against him and kill him.
23. The whole land will be disturbed.
24. On that day he will issue an order over the whole land so that
the priests of the land and all of the saints will be seized, saying, "You
will repay doubly every gift and all of the good things which my father gave
25. He will shut up the holy places. He will take their
houses. He will take their sons prisoner.
26. He will order and
sacrifices and abominations and bitter evils will be done in the land.
27. He will appear before the sun and the moon.
28. On that day the priests of the land will tear their clothes.
29. Woe to you , O rulers of
Egypt, in those days because your day has passed.
30. The violence (being done to) the poor
will turn against you, and your children will be seized as plunder.
31. In those days the cities of Egypt will
groan for the voice of the one who sells and the one who buys will not be
heard. The markets of the cities of Egypt will become dusty.
32. Those who are in Egypt will weep
together. They will desire death, (but) death will flee and leave
33. In those days, they will
run up to the rocks and leap off, saying, "Fall upon us." And still
they will not die.
34. A double affliction will multiply upon the whole land.
35. In those days, the king will command,
and all the nursing women will be seized and brought to him bound.
They will suckle serpents. And their blood will be drawn from their
breasts, and it will be applied as poison to the arrows.
36. On account of their distress of the
cities, he will command again, and all the young lads from twelve years and
under will be seized and presented in order to teach them to shoot arrows.
37. The midwife who is upon the earth will
grieve. The woman who has given birth will lift her eyes to heaven,
saying, "Why did I sit upon the birthstool, to bring forth a son to the
38.The barren woman and the
virgin will rejoice, saying, "It is our time to rejoice, because we have no
child upon the earth, but our children are in heaven."
39. In those days, three kings will arise
among the Persians, and they will take captive the Jews who are in Egypt.
They will bring them to Jerusalem, and the will inhabit it and dwell there.
40. Then when you hear that there is
security in Jerusalem, tear you garments, O priests of the land, because the
son of perdition will soon come.
41. In those days, the lawless one will appear in the holy places ---
42. In (those) days the kings of the
Persians will hasten and they will stand to fight with the kings of Assyria.
Four kings will fight with three.
43. They will spend three years in that place until they carry off the wealth of the
temple which is in that place.
44. In those days, blood will flow from Kos to Memphis. The river of Egypt
will become blood, and they will not be able to drink from it for three
45. Woe to Egypt and those who are in it.
46. In those days, a
king will arise in the city which is called "the city of the sun," and the
whole land will be disturbed. <He will> flee to Memphis (with the Persians).
47. In the sixth year, the Persian kings
will plot an ambush in Memphis. They will kill the Assyrian king.
48. The Persians will take vengeance on the
land, and they will command to kill all the heathen and the lawless ones.
They will command to build the temples of the saints.
49. They will give double gifts to the house
of God. They will say, "The name of God is one."
50. The whole land will hail the Persians.
51. Even the remnant, who did not die under
the afflictions, will say, "The Lord has sent us a righteous king so that
the land will not become a desert"
52. He will command that no royal matter be presented for three years and six
months. The land will be full of good in an abundant well-being.
53. Those who are alive will go to those who
are dead, saying, "Rise up and be with us in this rest."
1.In the fourth year of that king, the son of lawlessness will
appear, saying, "I am the Christ," although he is not. Don't
2.When the Christ comes, He will come in the manner of a
covey of doves with the crown of doves surrounding Him. He will walk
upon the heaven's vaults with the sign of the cross leading Him.
3. The whole world will behold Him like the sun which
shines from the eastern horizon to the western.
4. This is how He will come, with all his angels
5. But the son of lawlessness will begin to stand again in
the holy places.
6.He will say to the sun, "Fall," and it will fall.
He will say, "Shine," and it will do it.
He will say, "Darken," and it will do it.
7. He will say to the moon, "Become bloody," and it will do it.
8. He will go forth with them from the sky.
He will walk upon the sea and the rivers as upon dry land.
9. He will cause the lame to walk.
He will cause the deaf to hear.
He will cause the dumb to speak.
He will cause the blind to see.
10. The lepers he will cleanse.
The ill he will heal.
The demons he will cast out.
11. He will multiply his signs and
his wonders in the presence of everyone.
12. He will do the works which the
Christ did, except for raising the dead alone.
13. In this you will know that he is
the son of lawlessness, because he is unable to give life.
14. For behold I will tell you his signs so that you might know him.
15. He is a ...of a skinny-legged
young lad, having a tuft of gray hair at the front of his bald head.
His eyebrows will reach to his ears. There is a leprous bare spot on the
front of his hands.
16. He will transform himself in the
presence of those who see him. He will become a young child. He
will become old.
17. He will transform himself in
every sign. But the signs of his head will not be able to change.
18. Therin you will know that he is
the son of lawlessness.
1. The virgin, whose name is Tabitha, will hear that the shameless one
has revealed himself in the holy places. And she will put on her
garment of fine linen.
2. And she will pursue him up to Judea, scolding him up to Jerusalem, saying,
"O shameless one, O son of lawlessness, O you who have been hostile to all
3. Then the shameless one will be angry at the virgin. He will pursue
her up to the regions of the sunset. He will suck her blood in the
4. And he will cast her upon the temple, and she will become a healing for
5. She will rise up at dawn. And she will live and scold him, saying,
"o shameless one, you have no power against my soul or my body, because I
live in the Lord always.
6. And also my blood which you have cast upon the temple has become a healing
for the people."
7. Then when Elijah and Enoch hear that the shameless one has revealed
himself in the holy place, they will come down and fight with him saying,
8. Are you indeed not ashamed? When
you attach yourself to the saints, because you are always estranged.
9. you have been hostile to those who belong to heaven.
acted against those belonging to the earth.
10. You have been hostile to the thrones.
you have acted against
the angels. you are always a stranger.
11. you have fallen from heaven like the morning stars.
changed, and your tribe became dark for you.
12. But you are not ashamed, when you stand firmly against God
13. The shameless one will
hear and he will be angry, and he will fight with them in the market place
of the great city. And he will spend seven days fighting with them.
14. And they will spend three and one half days in the market place dead,
while all the people see them
15. But on the fourth day they will rise up and they will scold him saying.
"O shameless one, O son of lawlessness. Are you indeed not ashamed of
yourself since you are leading astray the people of God for whom you did not
suffer? Do you not know that we live in the Lord?"
16. As the words were spoken, they prevailed over him, saying, "Furthermore,
we will lay down before the flesh for the spirit, and we will kill you since
you are unable to speak on that day because we are always strong in the
Lord. But you are always hostile to God.
17. The shameless one will hear, and he will be angry and fight them.
18. And the whole city will surround them.
19. On that day they will shout up to heaven as they shine while all the
people and all the world see them.
20. The son of lawlessness will not prevail over them. He will be angry
at the land, and he will seek to sin against the people.
21. He will pursue all of the saints. They and the priests of the land
will be brought back bound.
22. He will kill them and destroy them...them. And their eyes will be
removed with iron spikes.
23. He will remove their skin from their heads. He will remove their
nails one by one. He will command that vinegar and lime be put in
24. Now those who are unable to bear up under the tortures of that
king will take gold and flee over the fords to the desert places.
They will lie down as one who sleeps.
25. The Lord will receive their spirits and their souls to Himself.
26. Their flesh will petrify. No wild animals will eat them until the
last day of the great judgment.
27. And they will rise up and find a place of rest. but they will not
be in the kingdom of the Christ as those who have endured because the Lord
said, "I will grant to them that they sit on my right hand."
28. They will receive favor over others, and they will triumph over the son
of lawlessness. And they will witness the dissolution of heaven and
29. They will receive the thrones of glory and the crowns.
30. The sixty righteous ones who are prepared for this hour will hear.
31. And they will gird on the breastplate of YHWH, and
they will run to Jerusalem and fight with the shameless one, saying, "All
powers which the prophets have done from the beginning you have done.
But you were unable to raise the dead because you have no power to give
life. Therein we have known that you are the son of lawlessness."
32. He will hear, and he will be angry and command to kindle altars
33. And the righteous ones will be bound. They will be lifted up and
1. And on that day the heart of many will harden and they will flee from
him, saying, "This is not the Christ. The Christ does not kill the
righteous. He does not pursue men so that he might seek them, but He
persuades them with signs and wonders."
2. On that day the Christ will pity those who are
His own. And He will
send from heaven his sixty-four thousand angels, each of whom has six wings.
3. The sound will move heaven and earth when they give praise and glorify.
4. Now those upon whose forehead the name of Christ is written and upon whose
hand is the seal both the small and the great, will be taken up upon their
wings and lifted up before his wrath.
5. Then Gabriel and Uriel will become a pillar of light leading them into the
6. It will be granted to them to eat from the tree of life. They will
wear white garments...and angels will watch over them. They will not
thirst, nor will the son of lawlessness be able to prevail over them.
7. And on that day the earth will be disturbed, and the sun will darken, and
peace will be removed from the earth.
8. The birds will fall on the earth, dead.
9. The earth will be dry. The waters of the sea will dry up.
10. The sinners will groan upon the earth saying, "What have you done to us,
O son of lawlessness, saying I am the Christ, when you are the devil?
11. You are unable to save yourself so that you might save us. You
produced signs in our presence until you alienated us from the Christ who
created us. Woe to us because we listened to you.
12. Lo now we will die in a famine. Where indeed is now the trace of a
righteous one and we will worship him, or where indeed is the one who will
teach us and we will appeal to him.
13. Now indeed we will be wrathfully destroyed because we disobeyed YHWH.
14. We went to the deep places of the sea, and we did not find water.
We dug in the rivers and papyrus reeds, and we did not find water."
15. Then on that day, the shameless one will
speak, saying, "Woe to me because
my time has passed by for me while I was saying that my time would not pass
by for me.
16. My years became months and my days have passed away as dust passes away.
Now therefore I will perish together with you.
17. Now therefore run forth to the desert. Seize the robbers and kill
18. Bring up the saints. For because of them, the earth yields fruit.
for because of them the sun shines upon the earth. For because of them
the dew will come upon the earth."
19. The sinners will weep saying, "You made us hostile to YHWH. If you
are able, rise up and pursue them."
20. Then he will take his fiery wings and fly out after the saints. He
will fight with them again.
21. The angels will hear and come down. They will fight with him a
battle of many swords.
22. It will come to pass on that day that the Lord will hear and command the
heaven and the earth with great wrath. And they will send for fire.
23. And the fire will prevail over the earth seventy-two cubits. It
will consume the sinners and the devils like stubble.
24. A true judgment will occur.
25. On that day, the mountains and the earth will utter speech. The
byways will speak with one another, saying, "Have you heard today the voice
of a man who walks who has not come to the judgment of the Son of YHWH."
26. The sins of each one will stand against him in the place where they were
committed, whether those of the day or of the night.
27. Those who belong to the righteous and ... will see the sinners and those
who persecuted them and those who handed them over to death in their
28. Then the sinners [ in torment ] will see the place of the righteous.
29. And thus grace will occur. In those days, that which the righteous
will ask for many times will be given to them.
30. On that day, YHWH will judge the heaven and the
earth. He will judge those who transgressed in heaven, and those
who did so on earth.
31. He will judge the shepherds of the people. He will ask about
the flock of sheep, and they will be given to Him, without any deadly
guile existing in them.
32. After these things, Elijah and Enoch will come down. They will
lay down the flesh of the world, and they will receive their spiritual
flesh. They will pursue the son of lawlessness and kill him since he
is not able to speak.
33. On that day, he will dissolve in their presence like ice which was
dissolved by a fire. He will perish like a serpent which has no breath
34. They will say to him, "Your time has passed by for you. Now
therefore you wand those who believe you will perish."
35. They will be cast into the bottom of the abyss and it will be closed for
36. On that day, the Christ, the King and all
His saints will come forth from
37. He will burn the earth. He will spend a thousand years upon it.
38. Because the sinners prevailed over it,
He will create a new heaven and a
new earth. No deadly devil will exist in them.
39. He will rule with His saints, ascending and descending, while they are
always with the angels and they are with the Christ for a thousand years.